So you’ve decided that dance, as well as a fun way to meet new people, is the way you’re going to stay fit and healthy this year.
Well, guess what? You’re already one dance step ahead because when you combine something fun and that you love with your movement of choice there is a greater chance that you’ll stick with it.
When you’re whirling, twirling and shining on the dance floor you’re improving the condition of your heart by increasing your heart rate and flooding your body with a world of feel good hormones. You are also reducing stress hormones, which is relaxing your body and helping you be more nimble and agile. And you are increasing your coordination and flexibility the more classes you take.
Dance has a world of benefits. As well as the above it also leads to:
- improved condition of your lungs
- increased muscular strength, endurance and motor fitness
- increased aerobic fitness
- improved muscle tone and strength
- weight management
- stronger bones and reduced risk of osteoporosis
- improved balance and spatial awareness
- increased physical confidence
- improved mental functioning
- improved general and psychological wellbeing
- greater self-confidence and self-esteem
- better social skills.
All of the benefits above only stay with you when you move, and in this case, dance regularly and consistently.
Make sure to book now as spaces are limited!